Pump station for lye
IWAKI Nordic A/S delivers many cabinet solutions for handling aggressive, flammable and toxic liquids.
In this case, a Danish customer needed a pump station to transport 27% lye from storage tank to proces plant.
The complete pump station
Customers application details
Media: 27 % Lye (NaOH)
Total head: ca. 40 meter
Flow: 10 m3/hour.
It was further stated that the pump station should be placed outdoors.
IWAKI Nordic A/S offered and delivered the following complete solution:
Pump cabinet in PE
Approximate dimensions: L. 1310 mm x W. 1285 mm x H. 550 mm
with 2 transparent and hinged doors and integrated collection tray.
Return to chemical tank with safety valve.
Leakage sensor for detection of chemistry in the collection tray.
Main switch in the cabinet
and the IWAKI MDM-25 mag-drive pump
(wetted parts in CFRETFE and 5,5 kW motor)
Optional: heat-tracing for cabinet.
The pump station was supplied with MDM-25 pump (incl. 5.5 kW motor) and complete with PVC pipes, valves, membranes etc.
As shown in the picture below, the customer preferred gray doors rather than transparent.
A complete solution from IWAKI provides security in several ways
- IWAKI’s pump stations ensure a good and safe handling of aggressive liquids
- Transparent doors allow easy inspection
- The pump stations are easy to service and maintain
- The pump stations are delivered to the customer’s specifications
- Easy communication in connection with the project. There is only one partner for design, construction / preparation, installation, documentation and service
- IWAKI’s close cooperation with alliance partners allows us to offer short delivery times and competitive prices.
Sodium hydroxide, also known as lye or caustic soda (NaOH)
Sodium hydroxide is a highly caustic base and alkali, used in many industries in the manufacture of pulp and paper, textiles, drinking water, soaps and detergents and as a drain cleaner.
Sodium hydroxide may cause chemical burns and may induce permanent blindness upon contact with eyes and must be handled in a safe and responsible manner.
Wetted parts in CFRETFE are particular suitable for sodium hydroxide.